Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Thanks for the Prayers!

Thanks for all the prayers everybody!

My mom did get out of the hospital and is home recovering. All the tests came back negative concerning the MRSA infection. It turned out to be staff infection. Thank you Jesus! My brother's surgery went well also and he is home. My mom should be able to get a new hip put in within a few weeks. Then it will be two more months of recovery. My mom is in good spirits despite it all.

After spending a lot of time with family and helping around the house I arrived back in KC on Saturday night.

Highlights:
*my mom's life is not in danger and she is much closer to getting a new hip and finishing this ordeal that really has interrupted her life for 2 years.

*Going to one of my favorite places on earth to talk to God. The Sandhills of Nebraska. I had to drive about 10 miles north of my hometown each night to get to my spot, and what a spot it is. The sky is a canopy of stars. I mean a thick canopy. There are no major cities for hundreds of miles so there is no "light pollution" at all. It was difficult to leave each morning, to leave the stars and my Heavenly Father. As always He threw a few stars around the sky for my viewing pleasure.

*Seeing my 8 year old nephew Riley's two baseball games and playing catch with him and his sisters.

*Praying with my Pastor for healing for my mom and praying with my good friend Bruce for the same thing.

*Seeing my brothers and dad.

*Seeing some key prophetic dreams about my family come into play and show me that God is truly at work in their lives.

*Leaving ihop with many friends praying for my mom and family--PRICELESS!
*Coming home to ihop!!

Thanks again for standing with me on behalf of my mom and family!

2 comments:

javamamma said...

Glad to hear a good report!

Todd said...

Thanks for your prayers and support. Tell Mitch I said Hi and that I will call him this week. Been thinking about him.