Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spirit of Truth

First off it is 7pm and I am outside the coffee shop with no jacket, Sweet!

In light of our tongues room de-brief and a conversation with a friend not long after I have to blog (sorry wordcasters). In the conversation I asked this friend what they taught in the class she is in. She said, "You know what, I can't remember, and the teacher said this would happen. He said in our culture we hear message after message but where does it go. That we don't really chew on the word enough to actually live out what was taught."

The conclusion we came to is that we have covetousness in our heart for revelation, but not much hunger to live in light of this revelation and not much satisfaction to have God alone as our inheritance.

Misty's set on Tuesday night shed some light on our true heart condition, but you left the room with hope that God can get us to the place that is impossible for our flesh attain to. A prophetic song came from one of the singers. He was singing, "I want you for my inheritance, and you alone, I don't want the mansion, I don't want the streets of gold, etc. I want you and you alone." It was an opportunity for people to say yes to being priests before God forever, their inheritance was the Lord (if we could only get it, for real, what that really means, look out when we do). The place we are (or I am) is that we really do want Him, but we want all the other stuff more. Like Revelation, power, rewards, joy, peace, living water flowing, supernatural encounters, etc. Oh that we would see that He is our exceedingly great reward (Gen. 15:1). This doesn't mean give up going for all the other stuff, but that all the other stuff is in Him. It should be the fruit produced from being intimate with Him. And there is fruit in many places of our lives. But I believe the Holy Spirit is convicting us and helping us to keep the first things first, as he always is, if we give time to listen. Because he longs for us to bear more fruit, in other words, he longs to be with us.

He will actually give us all the stuff without Him if we want it inordinately (which is covetousness). A friend of mind said recently that he wanted heaven, where there is no more pain, lots of gold, glory, etc. and he didn't care if God was there or not, ouch. That is the depth of blinding that can come, like the scales that fell off of Saul's eyes. Someone else thought this way too, and Jesus said that he saw him fall like lightning.

This resides in the human mind, which is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things. Let us continue to plow the fallow ground of our minds and hearts, and not go digging where the Holy Spirit is not leading us to dig, but let us have hope that He will give us hearts and minds that really do want Him and Him alone as our EXCEEDINGLY GREAT REWARD!

7 comments:

Kingdom Shifts said...

Good word...found your blog surfing through those associated with the IHOP-KC. We just had Allen Hood out here a few weeks ago at our church. I love the DNA of these forerunners! Keep pursuing hard after Him!

javamamma said...

Are you sure this was jujubee induced? Good stuff, Todd-o!

Anonymous said...

Hi Todd my son is going to be an apprentence the Cause. He is the first hearing impared participant and they seem so unsure but are trusting God in accepting him. I ask that you would join me in prayer that God will do something big for the staff and for my son Reggie. I have always believed God was going to do something so huge in his life and a intercessory prayer missionary looks like is going to be the God breakthrough in his life. Thanks MommaK

Todd said...

Thanks for the encouragement Brian I will check out your blog.

Todd said...

Keli, be strengthened in heart. As I read your comment I felt a strong presence of the Lord and even now as I type. I believe Reggie is to be there and that he is a mighty intercessor. Do not lose heart, keep praying and I will lift your family up to the Lord here at ihop. Reggie it is your time to shine!! You will see the Glory of the Lord.

Anonymous said...

yo, you are on the front page of my blog! shout!

http://www.theoffutts.wordpress.com

Todd said...

Sweet dude! That moment was the highlight of my day. I am gonna go visit him. Maybe our pr team can go together.