Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Beginnings: Chapter 1

In the aftermath of the Call Nashville I was feeling it was time to step down from the position of Transportation Coordinator of the IHOP Missions Base. And I felt like I was suppose to step down from full-time staff to part-time staff. I didn't know what I would be doing next, but just to follow those instructions. So at the end of July I stepped down. Then one day the sitting in the prayer room after a day of standing on the wall, I said "Lord what do you have to say to me right now?" He began to speak about New Beginnings, and He took me to Romans 6:4.

Romans 6:4-Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was rasied from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

He said new things are coming, the times and seasons are gonna change. And He specifically said "New Beginnings."

So I have this friend named Reagan from Austin, Texas, whom I met in Washington, DC back in 2005.
We connected there as friends and then we talked again at One Thing 2005. Then at the IHOP Baptism Service on November 12, 2006 I was baptized that night and she decided to do it too. And she asked me to walk with her through the procession, as she was a bit doused in the Spirit and needed some assistance.

That has been our friendship. Then on the six month anniversary (May 12) of our baptism she called and we have been talking and praying together on a weekly or bi-weekly basis since that time.

She was coming to a wedding in KC in August but was going to hike and climb some mountains and hang out in Boulder for a couple days first. Turns out she asked me if I wanted to go and on short notice I said sure.

So on Aug. 8th around the midnight hour we drove off to Boulder in a cool red Matrix rental car. The date was 8/8/7.











So on 8/8 two friends drive off to hike mountains and hang out in one of the coolest cities in America and one of the most wicked cities in America, Boulder, Colorado.

The saga will continue...

1 comment:

javamamma said...

I sure hope you don't make us wait TOO long for the continuation of the saga!